Saturday, May 13, 2006

Garage Sale

I opened up my blog today and was surprised to see my last post was almost a year ago. I re-read my former posts and overall I think they are a bit lame. This has been a recurring situation in my life with all previous attempts at journaling. I read back over previous entries and wrinkles appear on my forehead. I wonder if actual writers share a similar experience.

It would appear by the lack of posts, visitors and comments, that I am a lousy blogger. I will try harder this time. I too often keep thoughts in my head and I think it will be good therapy to release a few of them.

We had our first ever garage sale today. I think it might very well be our last garage sale. If it were not for the fact that proceeds are going to charity, we would have likely packed it in last night.

A few observations :
1) We have accumulated a lot of crap in the 10 years we have been together
2) People are more than willing to buy this crap.
3) The nicest items in a garage sale are difficult to sell.
4) I am a horrible salesman
Customer: How much for the wine rack?
Me: $20 firm
Customer: Will you take $1.50?
Me: SOLD !!!!!
5) We made $650 and are giving it to Orphanages for Africa
6) I am often ashamed of my own affluence

1 comment:

Garth said...

Welcome back and your comments on garage sales confirm my suspicions of avoiding doing what at all costs but you are absolutely correct in that we collect a whole lot of junk after ten years of marriage!